|Accent Modification Program.
- Designed for English as a Second Language (ESL) students at the intermediate English or
above level who are interested in learning helpful strategies to improve their
- Students learn practical techniques to use in everyday speech quickly, easily and at an
affordable price. Real life speaking situations are emphasized.
- Students also receive a list of valuable resources that may be helpful toward improving
their English-speaking skills (computer-assisted therapy programs also available).
- Group and individual instruction are arranged through the Marlton clinic, corporate
settings or at an organization's locations.
- Instruction is offered as a two part plan.
- Part I. A Six-Week Introductory Course
- This program gives students practical information to use in everyday speech. Special
emphasis is placed in teaching English prosody skills and modeling correct production of
common articulation and grammatical errors transferred from the student's native language.
The introductory course is helpful because it is a quick, easy way to teach
students basic techniques and strategies to use in their daily speech. It also gives
students the confidence they need to move onto a more intensive therapy program.
- Part II. Intensive Therapy Program
- Focus is on effective mastery of the techniques learned in the introductory course as
well as emphasis on figurative language (idioms, multiple meaning words, etc) and other
more advanced speech patterns. Therapy at this level is individualized according to the
needs of the student and the native language he speaks.